SOcio-economics WORKING GROUP
TASKS FOR THE FIRST PERIOD OF THE PROJECT
- Survey clinical criterions used in EU countries to set-up diagnosis of ME/CFS ;
- Analyse existing clinical criterions guidelines in order to find-out optimal criteria set allowing excluding over-diagnostic and un-diagnostic;
- Survey in EU countries existing data on neurological picture of ME/CFS (including association with similar diseases and symptoms, like fibromyalgia)
- Analyse the used ME/CFS treatment and its efficacy/safety in order to fined-out optimal treatment approaches lowering severity of clinical course.
- Task 1: To survey European countries existing data on economic loss due to ME/CFS;
- Task 2: To develop approaches to calculate direct economic loss due to ME/CFS;
- Task 3: To develop approaches to calculate indirect economic burden due to ME/CFS;
- Task 4: To provide integrated outcome assessment framework;
- Task 5: To organize two meetings per year (could be also
teleconferences) to discuss and analyse
economic loss due to the ME/CFS in order to optimise models of prevention in health and economy
- Survey data on direct and indirect economic loss due to ME/CFS in Europe M6;
- First estimate and outcome assessment presented M36.